Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful for Hands

As we approach thanksgiving in our home we also begin preparations for Christmas - cleaning and gifts for others, ideas for food and decorating.

One of the things I am enjoying the most - as we prepare for Christmas - has been fixing a doll I bought over the Summer while I was traveling around the country. The doll was hand made out of spools with a large wooden bead for the head.

The dress that the doll came in was a simple green cloth that once served as a sleave to a shirt, I think, and now serves very well as a bussel under the red dress (which, as you can see I didn't iron before applying to the doll). Although my skills don't exeed anything beyond amature, I do envision this doll to look something along the lines of an elegant lady from the royal French courts before the French Revolution.



I'm not sure what to think about the Cruella Devil black-on-white-conflicted doo, but I suppose it will have to do for now. Perhaps it can be exchanged for jet black curles underneath an elegant hat.


Hands are a wonderful thing. They give and create. If that isn't what this whole Season is about, I don't know what is.


No comments:

Warmth for Winter

* Burnt-orange nail polish
*feather-down, fleece-lined blanket
*Hot "English Breakfast" tea, if a tsp. of whipped honey
*Pictures of tropical islands
*knitted scarf
*An adorable puppy to sit on your lap
*blazing fire
* Basic Message Oil
6 tsp. carrier oil of your choice
8 srops of essential/ fragerance oil of your choice
Blend the two together, well. Warm up the oil before using - make sure to message between your fingers and your cuticals.
.... any questions?