Thursday, January 14, 2010

Heaven is in Their Face...


I couldn't help but find myself shocked, and stunned, when, after watching a darling one or two year old girl, I told her mom that is was "fun to watch her!" The mom looked at me, raised an eye brow and sarcasticly stated, "right... Bye... Thanks anyway..." I wanted to step in front of her and state that I was serious! There is nothing in the world that gives me more pleasure than watching a child laugh with joy, run accross a room giggling hystericaly! It so pays off just to watch this little baby turn into a rambunctious child, grow into a giggle-fest of a pre-teen, and then bloom into the beautiful young women God calls her to be.

But, not matter what I would have said to the little childs mom, I don't think I could have persuaded her that the reason why I had given my time to come to church and play with that little girl, when I have a little sister who deeply desires to just keep me to herself all day, is that I enjoy watching the way the little one's are so innocently pure, sweet, and gentle with life.
And I'm not sure there is any other way to put it.
The purity and innocence in the eyes of a baby is absolutely magnificent - and totaly priceless!
To have the opportunity to to care for some of these little children, in our curch, as their parents attend service, I find truly honoring.
As I watch little people, my hearts greatest passion and desire is made so much more clear to me. To help, at least contribute, in raising up this next generation of God-fearing human beings. To instill in them that "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand..." and found in the face of His children...
"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."
Matthew 11:25
"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:3
"Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." "
Matthew 19:14
"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, " 'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?"
Matthew 21:16
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."
Mark 9:37

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God."
John 1:12-13
"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. "
Romans 8:16-17




~ New International Version, Bible ~



No comments:

Warmth for Winter

* Burnt-orange nail polish
*feather-down, fleece-lined blanket
*Hot "English Breakfast" tea, if a tsp. of whipped honey
*Pictures of tropical islands
*knitted scarf
*An adorable puppy to sit on your lap
*blazing fire
* Basic Message Oil
6 tsp. carrier oil of your choice
8 srops of essential/ fragerance oil of your choice
Blend the two together, well. Warm up the oil before using - make sure to message between your fingers and your cuticals.
.... any questions?