Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Certain Women...

*sniff* *sniff* sniff*

Let me just go grab that box of tissues... hang on a second!

Okay, the book Certain Women, by Madeleine L'Engle, is an incredible, masterfully woven piece of art!

The story of David is one that most of the world is, at least relatively, familiar with. The Christian world is certainly familiar with Dave's tale. Chosen-ness by God, betrayal, attempted murder, romance, adultery, death, redemption, power-grabs.... True Drama. Perhaps even a tragedy. No, it is a tragedy. An unresolved ending in regards to David's family.
His spirituality - his relationship with God, perhaps more of a comedy: an unexpected ending!

L'Engle weaves together a tale for you paralleling that of King David's family life; romance, anguish, divorce, unfaithfulness, adultery, unforgiveness, but in the end... redemption!!

Ahh, sweet, sweet redemption!

'My strong habitation, where unto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandments to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.'
I do believe this hymn, 'Be Though My Strong Habitation!" more or less sums up this wonderful book.

A definite must read for L'Engle fans :)

God richly bless and keep you this week!
Miss Elisabeth!

"And David spake unto the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and our of the hand of Saul.
And he said, 'The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
The God of my rock; in him will I trust; he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.
He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me.
He brought me forth also into a large place: He delivered me, because he delighted in me.'"
II Samuel 22:103,11,18,20.

No comments:

Warmth for Winter

* Burnt-orange nail polish
*feather-down, fleece-lined blanket
*Hot "English Breakfast" tea, if a tsp. of whipped honey
*Pictures of tropical islands
*knitted scarf
*An adorable puppy to sit on your lap
*blazing fire
* Basic Message Oil
6 tsp. carrier oil of your choice
8 srops of essential/ fragerance oil of your choice
Blend the two together, well. Warm up the oil before using - make sure to message between your fingers and your cuticals.
.... any questions?