Friday, September 10, 2010

Oxford English Mini...

Ha ha ha!
Finally!! My nerdy hands grip the four-by-three-inch book in their iron clasp... no one, and I repeat, no one, will take this tiny book from me! Not until I have read absolutely every definition contained between the front and back cover...
It's mine...
Mine I tell you!

I fell like such a two year old!

But I will not let go of this little book..
My precious!

Being a Christian, one would probably think that it's a pocket-sized Bible that I'm drooling over...
However, I'm not so religious...
In fact, I feel highly...

Sacrilegious adj.
Disrespecting something sacred or highly valued.
Being an American, you may think I have bought myself some mini version of the Declaration of Independence, or Constitution to memorize...
But, I'm no such patriot.
Quite frankly, now that you bring it up, I feel rather like a
Renegade n.
A person who deserts and betrays a group, cause, etc.
Being a Home schooler, you may personally know the exhilaration (Exhilarate v. make very happy or lively) that I experience every time I pick up this teenie tiny book, and stick my nose within it's pages....
Yes...
I am afraid I have taken the final leap.
No longer am I considered a "partial," or "half way."
No longer can I say that I am non-biased, or that I'm on "both sides of the fence."
I have dug the pit and leaped forth..
I am an official nerd...
After experiencing with drawl for the past eleven months, with drawl form my precious, I finally bought another to replace the two former... although, those were the absolute BEST since they were copyrighted in the late 1800's, were absolutely humongous and also contained four pages worth of national flags, every U.S. state flower and flag, and contained a list of both synonyms and antonyms... but I bought one that's good enough to satisfy my hunger to read... an Oxford English Mini Dictionary!!
:-D

2 comments:

Hannah Becca said...

haha ... I just love how loyal(characterized by or showing faithfulness to commitments, vows, allegiance, obligations, etc) you are to your books!

Miss Elisabeth said...

D Ha ha!! I absolutely adore books! I really truly do! They are one of my most favorite possessions! Seriously, though, (I'm getting excited thinking about it;) when you read, you're actually getting in touch with another persons mind: who they are, their thoughts and opinions... I think you get to know a different part of people when you read their writing.
When reading the Classics (C.S. Lewis, Homer, Poe, Tolkien, Aesop, Louisa May Alcott, Madeline L ‘Engel, St. Augustine, just to name a few) you're able to get inside and read what went on inside a brilliant mind!! Isn't that exciting!!!

Warmth for Winter

* Burnt-orange nail polish
*feather-down, fleece-lined blanket
*Hot "English Breakfast" tea, if a tsp. of whipped honey
*Pictures of tropical islands
*knitted scarf
*An adorable puppy to sit on your lap
*blazing fire
* Basic Message Oil
6 tsp. carrier oil of your choice
8 srops of essential/ fragerance oil of your choice
Blend the two together, well. Warm up the oil before using - make sure to message between your fingers and your cuticals.
.... any questions?