Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Perhaps Not Yet


Perhaps I have been just a wee bit too eager to get another four legged friend.

After some more research on this particular breed Kahlua is, I am thinking that it is perhaps not the right breed for this time in life. However, I am still planning on visiting the puppy and her siblings within the next week - I do hope a time works out.

The dog I have drooled over my key board for is a Papillon. This spunky little toy dog was originialy found in the French Courts as a companion. Breeding standards say that a true Papillon weighs no more than ten pounds. I have found, however, that there are many papillons between 12-16 pounds. It is true that this dog is rather small (as I stated earlier a "toy" breed), but it is also very much a companion dog, loving it's owner and desiring to please. House breaking can be a little more difficult, as I have read it sometimes can be with smaller dogs though.

Alas, I have found no papillon puppy for what I can afford or in our area at the moment. Perhaps, yes perhaps I will either have to wait a little longer for this specific furry friend or "settle" for another breed. Or perhaps I will find that Kahula or one of her siblings is definitaly the puppy I want to be bringing into our home at this time in life.

Whatever the case, I'm so happy we have our Akita, Diamond (now ten) and am thoroughly excited to have the opportunities to learn more about canines!

No comments:

Warmth for Winter

* Burnt-orange nail polish
*feather-down, fleece-lined blanket
*Hot "English Breakfast" tea, if a tsp. of whipped honey
*Pictures of tropical islands
*knitted scarf
*An adorable puppy to sit on your lap
*blazing fire
* Basic Message Oil
6 tsp. carrier oil of your choice
8 srops of essential/ fragerance oil of your choice
Blend the two together, well. Warm up the oil before using - make sure to message between your fingers and your cuticals.
.... any questions?