Sunday, December 28, 2008

My favorite Things…

During the Winter

We have two younger kiddos in the family, so we rarely watch videos rating more than GJ Finding Nemo is definitely my favorite! Okay, Mary Poppins is better. The book “The Girl who Loved Wild Horses” was given to my by my great aunt twelve years ago, or so. I have thoroughly enjoyed the book ever since. An children’s book with incredible pictures! Tommy Tenney and Mark Andrew Olsen’s “The Hadassah covenant: A Queen’s Legacy,” which was given to me by my older sister for Christmas. Mom gave me a book called “The Kabul Beauty School” by Deborah Rodriguez, but she’s an avidly ambitious reader and high-jacked it. So I settled for Tommy Tenney’s, until mom gives the Kabul Beauty School back.. Oh, and of course Hot Chocolate is one of my favorite things!!!

The red, wool yarn is left over from a project mom did several years ago, so I figured it could go to good use in a scarf

The red lipstick was a Christmas gift from two years ago (yes, I still use it and still love it), the lotion by L’Occitane “Honey Miel & Lemon Citron” was given to me by my older sister (in the silver tube)
The black brooch is from mom’s jewelry box. There are so many things you can do with brooch’s! Last week, instead of buttoning a nice black dress sweater I pinned it with this little sucker. It works beautifully! The hat is also from mom - my "Elanor Dashwood" hat :) I bought the necklace while I was in Tennessee.

I’m sure if I thought about it I could come up with another three thousands lists of “my favorite things.” I thoroughly enjoy my colored pencil’s and drawing note-pad, Celtic Woman, and a song burned onto a CD (I have no clue who wrote the song but it’s incredible!!), as well as my feather-down, baby blue throw, and I thoroughly enjoy my pillow and bed!
Have a Happy New Year everyone!!







No comments:

Warmth for Winter

* Burnt-orange nail polish
*feather-down, fleece-lined blanket
*Hot "English Breakfast" tea, if a tsp. of whipped honey
*Pictures of tropical islands
*knitted scarf
*An adorable puppy to sit on your lap
*blazing fire
* Basic Message Oil
6 tsp. carrier oil of your choice
8 srops of essential/ fragerance oil of your choice
Blend the two together, well. Warm up the oil before using - make sure to message between your fingers and your cuticals.
.... any questions?