Friday, May 14, 2010

Attitude!

As I was working today, it struck me how few people actually, actively, live out a good moral life style. Yes, moral by a Christian's standards are higher than for those of non-Christians (at least non-religious folks, some atheists, etc.), and I'm stating this very loosely, not at all inclusively. And I'm also defining Christian as someone who has committed their life, wholly, to God. No holds bars!
Yes there are some "good" people at work. But they are good until you reach about mid-depth on the personal level.
When it gets right down to it, to be honest, please excuse my language, they are pretty pissed off people. Deeply hurt people; Some people who are indifferent to humanity, if humanity isn't complying to their every whim. And some people are nice on the out side, but when it gets right down to the hard thing, the only people they have in mind to take care of is them self. Yuck!
I mean, I am so sorry if you are offended by that statement, but, honey, you seriously need to get an attitude adjustment!
Not that all the people, or none of the people, or whatever black or white statement you want to insert here, are this way. There are some really fantastic people gentlemen and women there too! They happen to, generally, be over the age of thirty, married, and have children of their own (the last two are especially important: married and committed, have children and deeply love them and care for them!)
A few people, not many, are just plain ol' disagreeable! Still, trying to be friendly, extending gratitude and being positive around them... it's so terribly hard sometimes!
One of the people that work there I desperately want to sit down and say, "Okay, hun! You've got fifteen minutes to come up with a good reason why you are so negative, grumpy and rude! (Good is defined as: my parents have died, my entire family has died, I have no one left, I have been abused/ neglected, seriously, I'm starving to death or watching my siblings starve to death - think third world country here).

The world owes you nothing!
You work your way through!
You work to earn your money!
Work hard and have good work ethic
and you'll reap the rewards!
I know you probably really didn't need to hear that, especially from someone so naive and young as I, but I feel OH SO MUCH better having said it ;)
I apologize for making myself sound holier than thou. Please, lemme back peddle. I had a horrible attitude on Wednesday. Irritation was a better acquaintance that anyone from work. Irritability and some offense.
Bad, bad, bad!
To be honest, I was throwing a hissy-fit/ temper tantrum for myself. Poor me, there is only one other Christian in the area I work. HAH!
People in the world have much bigger issues that Miss Elisabeth not finding a kindred spirit *laughs*
Like, worrying about how you will be persecuted for simply being a Christian! Let alone the paranoia that must accompany some people in some countries, when meeting another "Christian" (are they really?!)
But I'm sorry... this post seems half finished... my thoughts are still turning in my head, hurting my head really, and my eyes are so tired!
But God richly bless and keep you, my brothers and sisters! May His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! May He lift His countenance upon you and give you peace! The Lord God guide, protect, heal and deliver you, and give you the desires of your heart.
Amen.

No comments:

Warmth for Winter

* Burnt-orange nail polish
*feather-down, fleece-lined blanket
*Hot "English Breakfast" tea, if a tsp. of whipped honey
*Pictures of tropical islands
*knitted scarf
*An adorable puppy to sit on your lap
*blazing fire
* Basic Message Oil
6 tsp. carrier oil of your choice
8 srops of essential/ fragerance oil of your choice
Blend the two together, well. Warm up the oil before using - make sure to message between your fingers and your cuticals.
.... any questions?