Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pink Nail Decals


I have recently, and quite mutually, been befriended by the seemingly only other young woman, who works in the same facility as I, who still wears make-up tastefully and femininely, paints her nails pink (not black nor red) and wears nail decals; isn't either thrilled, nor yet despising of her job and isn't boy crazed.

PRAISE THE LORD!

We have a lot in common on the surface, and are basically in similar places in life (again, we both know what we want to do/ be/ get in the end, but are in odd places, and aren't exactly certain how to get to that place. So we're both working; she as a manager in training and I as a part-timer)
Is it not strange how people sum up one another, based upon appearance? Maybe it's just something we as humans fall back on, by nature.
Interestingly, the people who I thought I wouldn't "schmooze" with, are those who have become quite the chums (again, mutually), and I count on them for help (and some of 'em are quite dependable for help). Maybe this is why we are chums; we help and verbalize appreciation for one another's work. Or, perhaps this is not so strange at all, but rather we as homo-sapiens, tend to take one another for granted.
Conviction is seeping through my thick skull, and the latter seems much more realistic than the former.

As I work I'm finding it's something I depend, quite strongly, on.
I can count on the same things day-after-day, generally, bringing some form of normality into my rather hectic, and "in the air" life... (this doesn't count this last Sunday when the power in the entire building went out for a half and hour-forty five minutes, or so... or the time that the fork-lift decided it needed a day off... or when we got four pallets of 400 boxes of baby wipes, when we haven't even gotten half-way done with the pallet they sent quite some time ago...)... Normality; consistency... The conversation with those chums at work is consistently skin-deep (pink-nail-decals)
Our normal is quite shallow.
(and I am so totally perfectly happy with this!!!)

No, I don't know these people on a deep level. There are a few times when "deep calls to deep," and conversation develops with some seemingly like-minded-type-of-humanity... But this consistency of the normal and relatively mundane is extremely comforting!
In fact, it's thoroughly enjoyable!
(Especially since I'm befriending another girl
who has long-
pink-painted-and-decaled-
with-flowers-nails ;)

God richly bless and keep you,
My friend!!
Miss Elisabeth

No comments:

Warmth for Winter

* Burnt-orange nail polish
*feather-down, fleece-lined blanket
*Hot "English Breakfast" tea, if a tsp. of whipped honey
*Pictures of tropical islands
*knitted scarf
*An adorable puppy to sit on your lap
*blazing fire
* Basic Message Oil
6 tsp. carrier oil of your choice
8 srops of essential/ fragerance oil of your choice
Blend the two together, well. Warm up the oil before using - make sure to message between your fingers and your cuticals.
.... any questions?